Water softeners can be a great way to get more life out of your plumbing, household appliances, and even cleaning products. The Fleck water softener has a full product line of water softeners and descalers to solve your persistent plumbing problems. In some homes, the well water is so full of Sulfur the water smells like a rotten egg. A new water softener could fix this problem without a substantial expenditure.
Built-up minerals in your pipes have likely led to reduced water pressure, particularly on the second or third floor of your split-level home. Much like cholesterol in the bloodstream, minerals stick to pipes, especially galvanized, copper, and iron pipes. Over time, these collected minerals form a blockage. Some descalers and water softeners simply reverse the ionization of minerals (often referred to as reverse osmosis) to free the build-up. Let’s take a look at the top ten Fleck Water Softener products.
10. On the Go 8,000 Grain RV Water Softener — OTG4-Std Soft-Portable
This portable on-the-go water softener is perfect to prevent rust and hard water in your camp or RV. You’ll avoid the build-up of scales, which will save you expensive plumbing repairs down the road. Your appliances will last longer, and your soap will lather better, which will help you avoid dry, rough skin. This 8,000-grain water softener was built for your RV or boat. You won’t need any special tools or electricity, just hook it up to the RV park faucet and enjoy mineral-free water during your stay.
- Travel-friendly cap & plug option to prevent water leakage
- Quick and easy salt regeneration
- Its portable design is only 22″ h X 6.75,” so it will fit into those tight spaces in your RV or boat
- The high-flow inlet and shut-off valve are easy to operate
9. Hansing Whole House Water Softener & Descaler
There are no high blood pressure worries with this unit because it does not add Sodium to your water. It filters your water naturally with fruit derivatives such as coconut and others that rapidly deactivate scale-forming factors. What’s more, you won’t have to take time out of your vacation to regenerate the salt because it uses a long-lasting filter. Each filter capacity is 280,000 grains, and then you simply replace it. The filter removes 99% of harmful chlorine while retaining magnesium and calcium, which your body needs.
- Heavy-Duty Hard Water Filter
- 3/4″ FNPT Stainless Steel threads
- Durable and Sturdy, made with stainless steel 304 grade
- No regeneration necessary
8. iSpring 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System — RCC7AK
This six-layer reverse osmosis system removes harmful minerals like fluoride, chlorine, arsenic, calcium, asbestos, Sodium, lead, and hundreds of others. This filtration system removes minerals down to 0.0001 microns and up to lead 98% of the crippling lead in your water. What’s more, the sixth stage Alkaline Remineralization restores the healthy minerals and balances your water alkalinity.
- Easy to DIY installation
- The #1-rated reverse osmosis system
- Provides the user bottled-water quality that tastes great without the wasted plastic bottle
- Delivers natural alkaline balanced water to your faucet
7. On the Go Portable Water Softener — OTG3NTP3M
This portable water conditioner and softener is a perfect fit for your boat or RV. The largemouth opening makes it quick and easy to add salt when necessary. Fully portable and easy to use for those who need water softened while on-the-go. Plus, it allows high flow rates with very little pressure drop, which is necessary in RV and boat showers.
- Removes paint, dirt, scale, and rust
- Fully-portable dimensions: 7 x 19.5 x 7.3 inches
- Engineered for optimum portable functionality
- Each fill lasts for 20, and then a quick 15-minute regeneration takes you another 20 days
6. On the Go Portable 16,000 Grain RV Water Softener — OTG4-DBLSOFT
This portable softener and conditioner give you twice the flow-through rate of other models of its size. It is the biggest compact RV water softener marketed today. These 16,000-grain units last the RV and marine enthusiasts 40 days without regeneration. No more spots on the shower glass or silverware.
- Compact 22″H x 9.50″ design
- Easily stored in a dockside locker or storage cabinet
- Water test strips included
- Eliminates scale build-up and water spots
5. Whirlpool Pro Series – Softener/Whole Home Filter Hybrid, Gray — WHESFC
First, it’s a Whirlpool. Secondly, it’s a smart system, which means it has a demand-driven regeneration technology that produces soft water when you need it. That also means you use less salt over the life of the device and saves you money. Finally, this system cleans its filter after 14 days so that you will not need to waste your vacation time on that task, not buy replacement filters.
- Superior hardness removal
- Contaminant reduction certified
- Self-cleaning, so there’s no filter replacement necessary
- Money-saving two-in-one system
4. On the Go Double STD Water Softener — OTG3NTP1DS
This portable on-the-go water softener will eliminate scales and keep them from coming back. That means your appliances will last longer, your detergent will work better, and your water will taste better. For those who spend a good deal of time in their RV or boat, this is well worth the price. Everyday showers and a washing machine on board will likely require a monthly regeneration, but in the long run, this water softener will save you on new appliances and repairs.
- Full manufacturer’s warranty
- Lightweight & portable dimensions: 10 x 32 x 24 inches
- Easy to install
- Great tasting water
3. AO Smith Salt-Free Water Whole House Descaler
Get salt-free cooking, drinking, bathing, and showering with this AO Smith salt-free entire house descaler. Whether you use city water or well water, you can still have great-tasting water with no scaling. Provides in-home descaler for a family of four up to 600,000 gallons or 6-years. What’s more, you won’t have to be concerned about family members with high blood pressure because this system adds no sodium to your drinking water.
- Salt-free technology
- Naturally reduces scale build-ups
- Limited 6-year Warranty
- Nipple and hose adapter, shut-off valve, and whole-home descaler included
2. Whirlpool Central Water Filtration — WHELJ1
This Whirlpool WHELJ1 central in-home system could be the last water filtration your home will ever need. One of the reasons we choose this Whirlpool as our number two choice is that you never need to change the filter. It cleans itself every two weeks. What could be better than a worry-free system? How about one with a sediment screen that removes contaminants hassle-free? How about one that meets or exceeds National Sanitation Federation standards and certified for contaminant removal? It also includes an impressive warranty.
- Never change the filter again
- Provides unlimited home water filtration
- Contaminant-free water
- Includes one-year parts and labor, three-year electronic, and five-year tank warranty
- Comes with an installation guide for your assistance
1. DuraWater 64,000 gallon Water Softener — 64k-56SXT-10
Some of the reasons we chose this as our number one Fleck water softener is the commercial-grade, yet residential priced 64,000-gallon water softener has cross-linked commercial-grade resin to improve durability. This Fleck is one of the most popular digital control heads available and offers a complete and informative LCD Display Touchpad.
- Cross-linked Resin water softener
- Truly portable at 21.9 pounds and 52 x 12 x 12 inches
- Its simple design makes for a complete “set and forgets” system
- Made in the U.S.A and comes with a DIY installation video