From being a luxury to being a necessity, hot water and geysers have become ineluctable part of our lives. This article highlights the next generation Tankless water heaters, i.e. these do not store water. These are small, compact, low maintenance and economical, utilize gas or electricity to produce a continuous supply of hot water. The key factors which a user needs to be aware of before purchasing a Tankless water heater/boiler are:
- Power Efficiency
- Whether gas based or electricity based
- Output rate, usually in GPM (Gallons per minute)
- Know your requirement & budget
8. NCB-240 Combination Boiler
NCB-240 Boiler is the result of over 25 years of the company’s hard work and dedication in developing a versatile and robust product. With NCB Installed in your homes, both needs for internal heating and hot water needs can be taken care of. It has a built-in thermostat for maintaining indoors and your water supply temperature. It comes in with a number of other utilities useful in setting up venting and conversion of NG to LP, no extra expenses.
- Low NOx Emissions (≤ 20ppm)
- 18,000–199,900 BTU/H
- Energy factor of 0.95
- Venting Type: Forced draft, direct vent
- Heat Exchangers: Primary/secondary heat exchange
- Minimum Flow Rate (DHW): 0.5 GPM (1.9 L/m)
- Cold rolled carbon steel Casing
- Custom Pop Up Tents Reviews
- Best Garden Hose Reviews
- Best Clicker Universal Garage Door Opener Keyless Reviews
- Best Car Stereo with Backup Camera Reviews
- Stainless Steel Rice Cooker Reviews
7. Rinnai RUC98iN Ultra Natural Gas Tankless
Rinnai RUC98iN Ultra Natural Gas Tankless is one the most robust Tankless water heaters available. Standing at 26 inches tall and 10 inches thick, it still weighs around 61.7 pounds. It has an excellent energy factor of 0.95 and has the largest inlet and outlet vents of all other water heaters available in the market. It comes in with hybrid fuel options of natural gas or propane and is capable of delivering hot water to multiple faucets and multiple bathrooms at the same time without any limitation or interruptions.
- Consume 64 W of power(min),
- 146 W to prevent freezing
- Energy factor of 0.95
- Power input 15200 to 199,000
- 0.26 to 9.8GPM
- The heating range of 95 – 140 degree Fahrenheit
6. Westinghouse WGRTNG199 199K BTU
Westinghouse water heater is quietly making its way into its homes with its excellent functions and low maintenance & high-efficiency features. The internal heat exchangers are both made of stainless steel and capable of withstanding high temp, high-pressure conditions to allow multiple users to enjoy hot water showers simultaneously. It Comes in with dual fuel type; LP or NG.
- Both Horizontal and vertical venting
- programmed to supply water temperature up to 140oF
- equipped with an LCD display
- (12) year residential and five (5) year commercial warranty
- working pressure rating of a maximum of 150 psi
5. Noritz NRC1111-DVNG Condensing Tankless
Noritz 1111NRC series is really one of its kind. The design is extra energy efficient with the commercial grade copper to allow proper heating and ensure high heat transfer coefficient through a prolonged lifetime. Provisions for Outdoor and direct venting are also provided in the water heater. Moreover, there are a number of safety provisions available for lighting, Overheating, Device Freezing and Flame protection.
- Super 16,000 BTU/h to 199,900 BTU/h
- 0.5 GPM up to 11.1 GPM
- 25% thicker piping than standard models
- 0.92 (NG) 0.91 (LP)
- Condensate Overflow Monitoring System
- Service Reminder Function
4. Noritz NRCB180DV-LP Combination Boiler
Noritz NRCB180DV-LP Combination Boiler is yet another Classic product from Noritz. Its design is based on a plate heat exchanger which is considered one of the most efficient ways of heat exchange. Provisions for mixing of hot and cold water at the outlet valve is also provided. The Boiler is also DHW recirculation capable for higher efficiency. Secondary pump is also attachable if the consumer wishes secondary heating loop.
- Power Input:18,000 – 199,900 BTU/hr.
- 0.29 – 9.8 GPM
- 0.95 energy factor
- Ultra Low Emissions by Premix Burner
- All Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers (3 total)
3. Takagi T-H3-DV-P Condensing Tankless Water Heater
Takagi boilers are among the most respected and versatile products in the market. The company focusses on delivering long-lasting solutions which are effective and economical at the same time. The model is available in two forms of Indoors and Outdoors. The construction material for the heat exchanger is commercial grade copper which is more resistant to corrosion or erosion due to high temp.
- 15000-160,000 BTU/hr.
- 0-6.6 GPM
- 0.98 energy factor
- Compatible with Regulations: Ultra-Low NOx Emissions
- Safety feature: Air-Fuel Ratio (AFR) Sensor
- Overheat Cut-Off Fuse
- Twin Heat exchangers
- Primary & Secondary-Copper & Stainless steel
2. Westinghouse WBRCLP140W 140K BTU
Westinghouse WBRCLP140W 140K BTU has been included into the top 8 product due to its unique state of technology. The boiler is built using stainless steel material heat exchanger for long lasting. It is capable of using hybrid propane gas or natural gas. The venting modes include forced draft direct venting and Power venting. Separate modes of functioning are available for withdrawal flow rate and degree of temperature rise of water. The inside kit also features safety modes for detecting gas leakage.
- The withdrawal rate of 7.1 gal/min
- The temperature increase of 35-degree Fahrenheit of 7.1 withdrawal rate
- advanced modulating gas condensing boiler, with 140K BTU
- Dual models Available-Liquid propane or Natural gas
- 10-year residential warranty
1. Rheem RTGH-95DVLN 9.5 GPM
This Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater from Rheem is set to give its competitors stiff competition when it comes to every aspect of its design and function. First of all, the Rheem RTGH-95DVLN 9.5 GPM is compact in design with 1/2″ gas line compatibility, economical low-cost PVC venting, built in Condensate neutralizer and yields high efficiency. The heat exchanger is built using stainless steel to deliver high heat transfer coefficient and ISO-Temperature performance.
- Approximately 94-Percent Energy efficient
- Self-regulating & Intelligent control
- Consistent performance & Increased efficiency
- Low-level NOX emission, compatible with standards.
- Up to 38-Feet of 3-Inch PVC Pipe OR 5-Feet of 2-Inch PVC Pipe
- 10 to 5-year warranty based on product components
The above described Tankless boilers have been carefully compiled considering the advantages and feature these have to offer to the consumers. Some of these products, though some of these are little high on the economic scales, still we recommend looking at the overall feature array these products are offering which justify the price tag. Most of the above products are proven and have been hitting consistent sales because of their excellent quality and satisfaction.